<$BlogRSDUrl$>

torsdag, november 6

Adventures in cooking 

I love tomato soup and grilled cheese. It's easy to make over a fire. Very easy. I _tried_ to make it at home, over the stove.
Wasn't aiming for cajun grilled cheese. Pictures of attempts 1 and 2 coming soon to a website near you. My roommate made good ones for me.
Last night, I started making ricearoni, but quit browning the vermicelli after I noticed some of it crawling around. As my second choice, I made salmon patties (it's like hamburgers, but with salmon.) They fell apart, so I made warmed salmon chunks.
Tonight, I'm sticking with the tried-and-true. Large coke from BigFoot and cheese crackers, followed by cheap white wine and celery when I get home. Simple but effective when I'm moving set.
And about those cheese crackers. They are wonderful. Only 25 cents and they are so much tastier than the nasty, three month-old crackers you used to get. The only ones I miss and can't find at BigFoot are the cheese-on-wheat flavor. Now THOSE really got me through softball in high school. I can taste them now, with the smell of red clay dirt on the Kiwanis Metro field (Not the Indian head one) and Mishter Guffey in his tight old-man pants getting down with the first base coaching. Aaahh, memory lane...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Add SoccerCS