<$BlogRSDUrl$>

fredag, maj 7

Return of the cold 

I love the warm weather, when it's time to "take off bulky winter coats and wear summer clothes without getting frozen.1"
      Except I still get frozen.
It's all fine outside, I'm warm, it's sunny, I leave my windows open in my room. I wake up earlier because of the warm sounds of the birds outside. I'll get dressed (with the windows still open, but who's going to look?) and have breakfast with the kitchen door to the enclosed porch open. My apartment is a lovely temperature- just below shade.
      Then I get in my car to go to work- my car's warming up with the day's sun in the windshield and the mini-sauna feels really good. Good thing I like it hot- the ac doesn't work very well in the car. I arrive at work nice and relaxed and toasty.
      Then I go inside and freeze2. I'm cold even with my sweater on. They boys in the office tell me that my vote to turn off the ac earlier doesn't count since I'm wearing the least amount of clothes but I think being cold in a sweater in summer ought to make mine count more.


1- quote, Eva Borleans
2- every office I've worked in, I've originally been placed immediately under the ac vent. At least here, I can move away from it and still freeze.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Add SoccerCS